Have you ever dreamed of living a peaceful life in the French countryside? Today, we’re with Ian Moore, at La Paz Valle de Loire, an enchanting country inn in the beautiful Loire Valley, in France. Ian and his wife, Natalie, opened La Paz Valle de Loire in January.
It is an honor to interview Ian today. He is a professional stand-up comedian, operating between Britain and France, and when he is not on stage making people laugh, he is making jam and marmalade from his orchard, feeding goats, and making the beds at his inn.
Ian has written three books- A la Mod: My So-Called Tranquil Family Life in Rural France, C’est Modnifique: The Adventures of an English Grump in Rural France, and most recently, Playing The Martyr. Be sure to join us today, to hear Ian’s delightful story.
- Ian shares his “I wonder if” moment, the moment that led him to his life in the country, in France.
- Ian talks about what it’s really like to travel and work as a stand-up comedian.
- Ian talks about what his friends had to say about an English city-boy buying a fam in France.
- Ian thinks that it’s very important to maintain certain standards as a city-boy.
- The winters in the country can be hard, but the springs and summers are beautiful!
- Ian shares his long-suffering sentiments about Natalie and their boys having a sixth sense in locating animals in need of rehabilitation.
- The problem with goats.
- To go away, they have to get professional house-sitters in.
- Ian shares what it’s like to be an ex-pat living in rural France.
- A sense of community is vital, and the local community has been very supportive of Ian and his family.
- Ian shares the story behind his property in rural France.
- They are very lucky to have the popular Beauval ZooParc twenty minutes down the road.
- Rural life isn’t easy for Ian and his family.
- Staying connected is pretty easy for Ian and Natalie.
- The importance of being relaxed.
Links and resources:
Ian Moore Stand-up comedian – https://ianmoore.info/stand-up/
Ian Moore Author – https://ianmoore.info/category/author/
Beauval ZooParc – https://www.zoobeauval.com/